Layers of standards and measures, mostly rooted in compliance, have mounted for decades -- all in the name of advancing quality and safety. The result is an overburdened workforce that is tired of checking boxes and jumping through hoops and whose been left to believe that quality ‘didn’t work’ or is a ‘waste of time’. Today’s opportunity is to shift from a compliance mindset to an excellence mindset where our workforce is inspired to do their best work, not just get through the motions. Join NAHQ’s CEO, Stephanie Mercado, as she explores a future led by transformational leadership strategies where we reset the definition of healthcare quality and align teams to achieve healthcare excellence.
- Assess the impact of benefits that promote equity and inclusivity on both physical and mental health and well-being
- Discuss an employer’s role in accelerating efforts to address SDoH and reduce barriers to healthcare access
- Explore the financial and non-financial returns from investing in benefits such as fertility, reproductive, and caregiver benefits
This is a shared session with the Benefits Design Strategies Track.
- Understand the impact of adverse childhood experiences, the pandemic, stigma, and other health risks on treating mental health issues
- Identify and treat trauma-related stressors through creative expression and mindfulness
- Gain insights into how employers and healthcare professionals can establish a framework to help individuals cope and heal
- Discuss the value and importance of taking a proactive approach to address mental health including improved health and well-being, increased productivity, and reduction in overall healthcare costs
- Hear perspectives on why employers must modify their approach to benefit program design to meet the needs of today’s workforce and retain talent
- Discuss the importance of implementing holistic health and well-being programs to drive healthy behavior change, improve productivity, and reduce healthcare costs
- Explore novel models to coordinate care, promote healthy lifestyles, and ensure timely access to resources and support for employees and their families